Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red Ribbon

Little Guy is taking a mid-morning nap so it has given me a moment to share quickly.

Chances are you have figured out that I have completed the four books in the Twilight series and that this post is going to be about Eclipse. You have probably also figured out that I am addicted to the books and I may have an unhealthy relationship with the books - but hey, admitting is the problem is half the solution, right?

Eclipse offered up another consuming read that kept me up well past a respectible hour. My flashlight probably needs some new batteries for the time when I actually need the flashlight. We may have a power outage, it has been known to happen from time to time when the great winds blow.

One of the best parts of this book is the insight we gain on Edward and Jacob. Since the books are (mostly) written from Bella's perspective, we do not get a complete glimps into other characters minds. The pivotal point for me was the "dream" Bella had of Edward and Jacob sharing to one another. Another great aspect, in my mind, of this book, you really should have read Twilight and New Moon because Stephenie Meyer does not waste time letting you know what has happened in the previous books (a pet peeve of mine is reading about something I have already read about).

As a sane, rational female (unhealthy relationships with books not withstanding) I was midly disturbed how Bella allowed the boys to control some aspects of her life. I wanted to shake her a bit and make sure my young family and friends know better than to think this was how love was shown. Then I remembered it was a book and I probably don't have to remind others of that even though I apparantly need to remind myself. :)

And the best line ever comes from this book, and I may be a bit bias, but it still makes me smile. It could be because Edward Cullen stole a line from something Big Poppy told me years ago.

"I prefere brunettes."

Have I convinced you to start reading the books yet? Get on it please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun and flattering accepted here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin