Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Most Powerful Chessman

If beginnings are tricky, endings have countless difficulties. At the beginning readers have no expectations but by the end everyone seems to have an opinion on how they would have finished the book if they were writing it. Thankfully Stephenie Meyer was writing the ending so the resulting story is a good one and in my opinion a fitting end to this fantastic series.

Breaking Dawn is a different novel to Twilight (and New Moon) and some readers may be disappointed by this but I’m not one of them. I don’t want to keep buying the same story over and over again just with a different title and cover picture – I enjoy seeing the development of the characters as well as seeing the development of the author’s writing. Breaking Dawn is more like Eclipse, Edward and Bella are sure of each other but outside forces may tear them apart as the story reaches its climax.

The only small gripe I have about this novel is that in wrapping up the story every loose end has been neatly tied into a pretty bow - sometimes it’s good to leave something dangling in the breeze! I have to admit that I did not stay up all night reading this book. This was a choice I made to let the story last longer.

The best part? Today I received a phone call from my cousin Syd. She picked up the first book in the Twilight series today. I can hardly wait to have someone to talk to about how great this book is!

 

4 comments:

  1. Love these books ~ so sad to let go of Edward and Bella. They are like.... like family that moved away! I started a new book about 2 weeks ago ~ only on page 165. I miss the Cullens! Have you seen the twilight movie yet? I watched it for the 1st time last week. You'll have to let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie was good when I originally watched it...but that was before reading the book. Now I find the movie ok but it hasn't stopped me from putting it in the dvd player to play in the background while Little Guy and I are doing tummy time or something else just so I can get my fix on the Cullens. :)

    I'm a geek/nerd, which ever one is the uncool one to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved loved loved the whole series. She is a great author....check out The Host....it is really good...different but you will love these people just as much as the Cullens but in a different way

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Host, just need to get through a couple book club books first...I'll let everyone know my thoughts here too.

    ReplyDelete

Fun and flattering accepted here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin