Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Great Day

While we wait for the painful tooth to push through, we had a yet another great day (most days are great days, don't get me wrong, this is just a day I have taken the time to write about).

Saturday started off with me waking up and heading off to yoga. Some yoga days are better than other yoga days. This Saturday morning yoga had me worked up. I had trouble focusing and staying in the moment. Instead, I was thinking about what I needed to do, what I wanted to do and what I would likely end up doing (oddly enough, these things hardly ever align - what I want to do is much too long to really accomplish, what I want to do does not always include what has to be done i.e. I rarely want to scrub toilets yet this is something that I should do, and what I end up doing is sometimes dictate by the weather or moods of others). In yoga, we are taught to stay present and keep in on the mat...the battle between my mat and the outside world was one sided this day. The outside world won. When this happens, the mat losing, it normally spells trouble for me. I don't stay focused on much of anything and accomplish nothing.

Well guess what. This Saturday was a day perfect for accomplishing nothing.

After a late morning nap, Little Guy had decided Saturday would be a great day to wake up 1 1/2 hours earlier than normal, Little Guy and I headed off to Aunt Steffey's. Aunt Steffey's niece is in town for the week and Saturday was earmarked as water day. Our dear friend PG, who has a birthday in a few days, Steffey, her helpful niece, Little Guy and I made plans for grilling, water and fun. The day was not a disappointment. Little Guy's ghetto pool was filled. The slip-n-slide was secured. Tubs were commandeered for even more "pools". Fortunately or unfortunately, little pictures were taken...too much fun was being had splashing around and laughing with joy.

Aunt Steffey's water park closed for Little Guy and I around 3. A nap was in order after all that time in the fresh air. Besides, we had to replenish our energy for a game with Big Poppy, GrandC and SmileyG.

At the ball park, Little Guy was able to watch one of his favorite past times.


Our seats were up close and personal (and better yet, bathrooms with limited access!).


Little Guy's cub of ice might have been empty but GrandC's heart was as warm as ever.


And my boy's were happy to see a win that keeps the streak alive.


All in all, it was another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun and flattering accepted here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin