Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

As the large, white, fluffy snowflakes fall we wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas.



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Another year started out much the same. Happy Mom endured another grueling busy season, so afterwards she and Big Poppy went on another much-deserved vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Why don’t I ever deserve one? I guess my one job responsibility (this letter) doesn’t equate into a needed vacation. Anyway, they used their timeshare for the first time. While they were gone, the house got a bit of a makeover with all the ceilings being redone. Gone is the outdated popcorn texture, forever replaced by knockdown. I stayed out of the worker’s way by spending the week with GrandB and GrandC. I most enjoy going to their home because I am spoiled endlessly.

Alright, enough with the boring stuff about, Happy Mom, Big Poppy, and myself. For the past several years, Happy Mom and Big Poppy have been asking me if I want a little brother or sister to run around with. Well it took them long enough, but they finally heard me say “yes” and wouldn’t you know it a precious little boy was brought into our lives.

It was a beautiful spring day, so Happy Mom rode her bike to Big Poppy’s softball game and because his phone is smaller, they swapped. Big Poppy had Happy Mom’s phone in his bag and never heard it ring. Happy Mom didn’t recognize the phone number that showed up on Big Poppy’s phone, so she didn’t answer. Next thing you know, Charlie gets the call, as he is the first emergency contact, and happens to answer. I believe he answered thinking he was being called to a storm. Adoption Network is on the line that they need to speak with Big Poppy and Happy Mom, but cannot reach them.

Fortunately, GrandC was in the stands and immediately handed his phone over to Happy Mom. Happy Mom got off the phone about the time the game ended. They learned a special angel had picked them and the kicker was the baby was born a week prior and they need to be in Sacramento, CA, ASAP. In a manner of 24 hrs, I was shipped off to GrandB and GrandC’s again and Happy Mom and Big Poppy were on a plane to Sacramento. Exactly two weeks to the day they left, they returned home with a beautiful baby boy they named Little Guy.

Little Guy was born on May 19, 2009, weighing 6lbs 4oz and measured 18-1/2” long. As I write this letter he is 21-3/4 lbs, 29” long, and growing like a weed. I cannot seem to understand why he gets several meals during the day and I get two! I hover around his high chair waiting for him to share, but so far the little turkey eats the whole serving. I really enjoy having Little Guy around, even when he gives my hair a good yank. I get even though by chewing one of his toys. Little Guy is always in a good mood, except when he is teething. He has a few teeth that have broken the surface and a couple others that are getting ready to break the surface. I wonder if Little Guy will share some steak with me in a couple weeks.

Little Guy gets around by rolling everywhere. It’s only a matter of time before he starts crawling, and then the real fun will begin. At this point I’ve been taking it easy on him, but as soon as he can crawl I’m going to teach him the game of “chase.” He’s also talking a lot and I especially get a kick out of it because I’m the only one that can understand him. Happy Mom and Big Poppy can only wish they could understand what we are talking about.

Looks like I am running out of space, so I invite you to check out our blog, http://www.nothinglessthanamiracle.blogspot.com. The names have been changed to protect the guilty. It is also nice to see you. Don’t be a stranger and stop by for a visit. I wish you all a safe, happy, and healthy 2010!

Love,
Jeter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun and flattering accepted here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin